Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thoughts on Starting Over

Oh boy, here I am again on the good old blog. I must say the site has changed quite a lot. Google scares me when they make stuff so crisp looking and user friendly. I dunno. Christmas Break has been pretty great, adventures in Utah and Minnesota and moving Kammi to Madison also! I am excited and scared for classes to resume, going to be a busy schedule. I am guessing that I am setting myself of to fail at this blogging thing all over again. It seems like a good idea now, when I have almost no commitments but I guess we shall see. I got a lab job this semester, working on viruses and cancer and all that goodness. I am super excited about the chance to get back into the lab! In a way my lab career is "starting over", and I am super thankful for that. I am super thankful for just about everything in my life. I think the main reason I stopped blogging was that I have nothing to complain about. I am perfectly happy with everything in my life. Kammi has moved to Madison and got a really good job, I have a lab job and school is going well, my back is working perfectly and I am no longer in New Jersey. All and all things are going swimmingly.
...
...
...
I can always just talk about politics and what not. Since my last blog post I got a smart phone (Droid RAZER MAXX) and often find myself spending way to much time reading the news. I try my best to read CNN, FOX and RT news to get the full spectrum of journalistic bias and media spin. A lot of crazy stuff has been going on in the world lately and I am a bit ashamed to say that I get some enjoyment from watching it all happen. That sounds really weird, but it's hard to explain. It's just nice to know what is going on in the world and a lot of the time (usually with USA politics) the goings-on are so petty and idiotic that they become hilarious. This recent uproar over gun control is a prime example of this. First of all, I am pretty undecided on the whole issue and reading the news as much as I do I am fully aware that gun violence is a huge problem. Events like Sandy Hook or Colorado become very instrumental due to the almost excessive amount of media coverage given to them. And while they were undoubtedly extremely tragic events, I find myself reading about at least one new shooting every week. There is clearly a problem. I really don't have any answers, all I do know is that this back-and-forth between the Deathocrats and the Republican'ts (I need a better name for the GOP) is just silly. I was thinking about it last night and I think both sides should just organize their platforms, itemize them down to like three or 4 things. Then put them on little tokens. For example, there would be a gun control token for the Dems and the GOP would have an entitlement reforms token. They would then trade tokens. Dems would get free-reign over gun-control while the GOP could blindly cut social programs. They trade back and forth like this until everyone has what they want. All the bickering is now done and the country is undoubtedly in ruin. At least it was quick! Only problem is that I couldn't watch them argue any more.. :(

I need to go to McDonald's now
Merica!

Here is the song, almost forgot I was supposed to do that...



-KGM

2 comments:

  1. keeeeeeeeeeeeeeep blogggggginggggg booger face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btdubs, your blog looks sick as fuck. and fuck is still very ill.

    ReplyDelete